Understand what you’re owed and get the benefits you deserve.
Do you need a Workers’ Comp Lawyer?
If you’re looking for an attorney who is well-versed in all aspects of workers’ compensation, look no further. We know how complex workers’ compensation laws can be, and we want to put our legal expertise to work for you. We will fight relentlessly to get you the benefits you deserve.
Jennifer Zupp has litigated personal injury cases in Iowa since 2006.
Expensive medical bills, lost income from time off of work, and other unexpected costs can make a work related injury or disability especially devastating. As a result, the financial burden placed on your loved ones can feel overwhelming. If you have been injured on the job, you may be eligible to receive workers’ compensation benefits.
We can help with Workers’ Compensation cases involving:
- Construction Accidents
- Electrocution Injuries
- Railroad Injuries
- Meat Plant / Meatpacking Plant Accidents and Injuries
- Manufacturing Plant Accidents and Injuries
- Occupational Disease
- Permanent Disability
- Products, Machines And Toxin-related Injuries
- Repetitive Motion Injuries
- Third Party Construction Accidents
- Unsafe Work Environments
- Workplace Accidents
- Work Injuries
- Workplace Death
- Vocational Rehabilitation Rights
Why Trust Zupp and Zupp with your Work Comp case?
- We commit not only to obtaining maximum compensation for clients but also to furthering the laws that apply to workers’ compensation cases in Iowa.
- Jennifer focuses exclusively on workers’ compensation and personal injury law, giving her in-depth knowledge and specific experience in these practice areas.
- Jennifer has been helping injured people in Iowa for over a decade.
- We accept most Iowa workers’ compensation cases on a contingency fee basis which means you do not pay any attorney fees unless we get money for your case. If you only have a small thing you need help with, Jennifer can also work for you on an hourly basis, if you wish. Your preference will be discussed during your free consultation.
Call (712) 263-5551 today to schedule a free consultation. Our dedicated Denison, Iowa workers’ compensation lawyer will review the specifics of your case and let you know your legal options for recovering compensation.
What does a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Do?
During a workers’ compensation case, the employer and its insurance company are supposed to act in good faith to volunteer benefits that are owed to you including your medical care, pay for time off work, mileage, and benefits for any permanent injury you have. They are supposed to do this in a timely manner. However, this does not often happen because the employer and carrier are always looking for ways to get out from paying you any benefits, or if they can’t avoid it, to minimize them as much as possible.
A workers’ compensation lawyer helps find and calculate the benefits that are owed to you, insist that they are paid, and if not, goes to trial to win the benefits. To say that the workers’ compensation system is complex is an understatement. Many of the insurance adjusters, company nurses, and defense lawyers have spent their careers navigating the system and most ordinary people are no match for them. However, an experienced Claimant’s lawyer can go toe-to-toe with any insurance adjuster, occupational health nurse, or defense lawyer and odds are good the lawyer can get you more money than you would get on your own. That’s just what we do.
A lawyer cannot take attorney fees from money already promised to you, so there is no harm to you in getting a free consultation about what other rights and benefits you may have.
Types of Workers’ Compensation Claims in Denison, Iowa
Injuries or accidents falling under workers’ compensation claims may include:
- Traumatic work injuries
- Wear and tear/repetitive work injuries
- Back injuries
- Carpal Tunnel
- Rotator cuff injuries
- SLAP tear (superior labrum anterior and posterior)
- Bicep tears
- Meniscus tears
- Hearing and/or vision loss
- Neck injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Tennis elbow
- Trigger finger
- Patellar fractures
- Knee replacements
- Chronic pain